In April 2018, City Council approved a contribution of up to $1.463 billion to Metrolinx as part of the procurement of the SmartTrack Station Program. As part of the program, six new stations are proposed at the following locations:
- St. Clair-Old Weston (Kitchener rail corridor near the St. Clair Avenue West / Old Weston Road intersection);
- King-Liberty (Kitchener rail corridor near the King Street West / Sudbury Street intersection);
- East Harbour (Lakeshore East/Stouffville rail corridor between the Don River and Eastern Avenue);
- Gerrard-Carlaw (Lakeshore East/Stouffville rail corridor at the Gerrard Street East / Carlaw Avenue intersection);
- Lawrence-Kennedy (Stouffville rail corridor at Lawrence Avenue East); and
- Finch-Kennedy (Stouffville rail corridor at Finch Avenue East).
Notice of Commencement of Transit Project Assessment Process
On April 16, 2018, the City and Metrolinx, as co-proponents, commenced the Transit Project Assessment Process (TPAP) under Ontario Regulation 231/08 to assess the potential environmental effects of the SmartTrack stations. Click here to view the Notice of Commencement.
As part of the TPAP:
- Public and stakeholder consultation will be conducted.
- Existing environmental conditions will be determined and the significance of specific features will be evaluated.
- Potential impacts of the project on these features will be identified and documented.
- Appropriate mitigation measures, monitoring strategies and future studies will be recommended.
- Station Planning and Design
- Document Existing Conditions
- Assessment Potential Impacts
Mid 2018 (We are here)
- TPAP Notice of Commencement
- Public and Stakeholder Consultation
- TPAP Notice of Completion
- RPP for Procurement