Transit Project Assessment Process
At its meeting on December 5-7, 2017, City Council authorized the City to act as co-proponents with Metrolinx to commence the Transit Project Assessment Process (TPAP) for the SmartTrack Stations (EX29.1, SmartTrack Project Update and Next Steps).
On September 19, 2018 the Minister of the Environment, Conservation and Parks signed a Notice to Proceed with the transit project in accordance with the Environmental Project Report (EPR). Following this, the City and Metrolinx issued the Statement of Completion of the TPAP on September 26, 2018. The completion of the TPAP allows the project to proceed to construction. Work on procurement documents is currently underway.
- St. Clair-Old Weston (Kitchener rail corridor near the St. Clair Avenue West / Old Weston Road intersection);
- King-Liberty (Kitchener rail corridor near the King Street West / Sudbury Street intersection);
- East Harbour (Lakeshore East/Stouffville rail corridor between the Don River and Eastern Avenue);
- Gerrard-Carlaw (Lakeshore East/Stouffville rail corridor at the Gerrard Street East / Carlaw Avenue intersection);
- Lawrence-Kennedy (Stouffville rail corridor at Lawrence Avenue East); and
- Finch-Kennedy (Stouffville rail corridor at Finch Avenue East).