The City, Metrolinx and TTC have been working together to develop SmartTrack/GO RER integration options since January 2015, when City Council approved a joint work program.
The City of Toronto’s SmartTrack concept uses the Metrolinx GO network to provide additional and more frequent transit service in the City of Toronto. Specifically, SmartTrack is an enhancement of the Metrolinx Regional Express Rail (RER) program. RER will significantly increase rail service across the GO network by providing electrified, 15 minutes or better service on five GO corridors in core areas. To support this service increase, Metrolinx and the City of Toronto are undertaking the development of six new SmartTrack stations at the following locations:
- St. Clair-Old Weston (Kitchener rail corridor near the St. Clair Avenue West / Old Weston Road intersection);
- King-Liberty (Kitchener rail corridor near the King Street West / Sudbury Street intersection);
- East Harbour (Lakeshore East/Stouffville rail corridor between the Don River and Eastern Avenue);
- Gerrard-Carlaw (Lakeshore East/Stouffville rail corridor at the Gerrard Street East / Carlaw Avenue intersection);
- Lawrence-Kennedy (Stouffville rail corridor at Lawrence Avenue East); and
- Finch-Kennedy (Stouffville rail corridor at Finch Avenue East).
Click here to view project materials, including the Environmental Project Report (EPR)
For further information on the Metrolinx RER program click here.